Lab work: 1h/week
Credit points: 5
Andrei Vasilateanu, email@example.com
"Software Development Methods" course
: not available
Grading and workload
Your grade in the course will be calculated from as follows:
Final_mark=INT((Lab, Project and Course Attendance)*0,1 + Sem*0,4 + Exam_final mark *0,5
Sem = (Homeworks and Lab. Activ)*0,4 + Project_Activity*0,6
Exam_final_mark = (Quiz + Exer)/2
You can gain access to the examination
with Sem > 4,5 .
1.Homework submissions must not include external materials (e.g., web downloads).
2. The homeworks must be turned in on the due date. Late homeworks are not accepted for any reason and will receive a zero mark.
3.The homework is an individual research work.
4. Homeworks will require substantial time commitment. We strongly recommend that students begin working on assignments early.
5. The projects will be graded according to the judicious choice, usage and documentation of design patterns or architecture styles as well as to the overall quality of the student's software producing style. Late project defence tentatives are not accepted for any reason and the project will receive a zero mark.
The exams consist of a closed-book written answer to a quiz and a closed-book test of an exercise of designing some software module and a comprehensive architecture for a distributed application.
1. Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software, E. Gamma, R. Helm, R. Johnson, J. Vlissides, Addison Wesley Professional, 1994.
2. Enterprise Integration Patterns: Designing, Building, and Deploying Messaging Solutions, G. Hohpe, B. Woolf, Addison Wesley, 2003, ISBN 0-321-20068-3.
3. Design Patterns - Sabloane de proiectare, Teora, 2002.